Ibiza, the white island, has a reputation for being just a party island, however the majority of the island is rustic, authentic and magical. In fact, there are authentic “pueblos blancos’, secluded calas, the old town which is a UNESCO Heritage site, wonderful cliff sunsets superb restaurants….
There are many beautiful sights and hotels that we like in Ibiza, the below are just a few of our favourites, we love them because of their stunning location, history and /or quality of service.
- Ibiza is expensive .
- If you want to see the real Ibiza, avoid San Antonio Area.
- The best time to visit is from May to September. Ideally July. Avoid August if you don’t like crowds.
- The best places get booked months in advance so make your reservations early.
Hotels in Ibiza
Must see sights
- Ibiza town, a UNESCO Heritage site.
- Small calas and beaches around the coast; Amante, Cala Bassa, Las Salinas, Es Cavallet, Cala longa….
- Formentera island – Just 10 Km from Ibiza, take a boat and immerse yourself in its white sand and turquoise waters, you will think that you are in the Caribbean.
Hotels in Formentera
Great food and prime beach locations. Great for lunch but also dinner, in most of the below restaurans the crowd and atmosphere changes through the day from beach crowd and turns into lounge in the evening.
Not on a beach location:
- Km5– mediterranean and argentinian restaurant , art and lounge.
- La Oliva – a classic in the old Ibiza Town
- Sa Capella – located in the hills in an old monastery chapel. Romantic, fine dining.
Rent a boat or take the charter from Ibiza and rent a scooter or car to take you to this great venues:
- Juan y Andrea– a classic! Great paella and fish.
- Can Carlos – lovely restaurant and atmosphere.
- Beso beach – great food, trendy crowd.
- Es Moli de Sal Probably the most iconic restaurant
the island of Formentera. A former mill belonging to the old salt industry exquisitely refurbished – Our favourite restaurant in the island- fantastic food, incredible views.
- There are many small shops around Ibiza Old Town, take a walk around.
- Of course the very famous Las Dalias Hippy Market.
Well, this is tricky, so many and so different….
Pacha, El Lio, Space, Privilege and Amnesia are some of the most famous clubs.
Have a look at our page with information about our tours and villas in Ibiza and CONTACT US if you still would like some help organising your trip to this enchanting island